- Posted by JGlenn
- On 22 July 2018
- 0 Comments
Mini Trip Report: Mexico
The Mexican National Defense College and Naval Superior Studies Center brought me to Mexico for their annual meeting to address senior Army and Naval Officers and the 2018 graduates about future security threats. [and was given a nice bust of Mexican Mystic Warrior from the President of the Military College attached].
Prior to the conference Concepción Olavarrieta, Chair of the Mexican Node of The Millennium Project arranged an excellent set of talks:
- COMEXI (international affairs association) on the State of the Future 19.1;
- Forum for Science and Technology (advisor to the Congress) talk on Political, Economic, and Governance Implications of the Transition from Artificial Narrow Intelligence to Artificial General Intelligence:
- Club of Rome Mexican Chapter talk also on the transition governance issues of ANI to AGI;
- Institute of National Public Administration talk on the SOF 19.1;
- Centro Tepoztlan. Victor Urquidi (senior thought leaders) on SOF 19.1
Although Concepción has already organized two future work/tech 2050 workshops, I hope these talks will lead to some further workshops after the election of a new government in Mexico in a couple of months.
Next: the European Commission’s Joint Research Center Future-Oriented Technology Assessment conference in Brussels [then Bulgaria and Finland – more on that later].