- Posted by JGlenn
- On 27 February 2020
- 0 Comments
Zhouying Jin is a senior researcher and professor, Institute of
Quantitative-Economics and Technical-Economics of the Chinese
Academy of Social Sciences(CASS); Director, Center for Technology Innovation and Strategy Studies (CTISS) of CASS. She also is Chairman and founder for the Beijing Academy of Soft Technology; Chair of China Node of Millennium project (MP); President of China chapter of World Future Society (WFS).
She was graduated from University of Science and Technology of China (USTC); a researcher, Institute of Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS); a researcher, Research Institute of a National Defense Science and Technology; Vice secretary-general, China Enterprise Directors (Managers) Association of State Economic Committee of China. From 1988 (to present), she serves for the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.
SERVINGS FOR NATIONAL S863 PLAN: From the early 1990s, she served the
national high-tech research and development plan. Then, has been appointed by MOST (Ministry of Science & Technology) as a key member of the core working group of Nation’s S863 Plan and appointed as the Strategy Experts Team Leader for the S863 (China High-Tech Research & Development Plan for 2001-2010) of China.
OVERSEA EXPERIENCES: Visiting professor of Case Western Reserve University and University of Nebraska-Lincoln, U.S.A.; Senior Research Fellow, Institute for The Future (IFTF, U.S. CA, Menlo Park); Special researcher, Institute of Science and Technology policy of Japan; visiting professor of University of Aix-Marseille III of France.
MAJOR FIELDS OF RESEARCH:
- SOFT TECHNOLOGY: She was the first to systematically study and publish a series of monograph on soft technology – new paradigm of technology in the world. Her book – “Global Technological Change – From Hard Technology to Soft Technology” has been published in Chinese, English, Japanese and Korean. She was invited by more than twenty countries and over 40 universities, research institutes and international conferences to present about the theory and application of soft technology and soft environment. For instance she was invited as one of the ten “world thinkers” and as a speaker for the first ‘Festival of Thinkers’ with ten Nobel Laureates in 2005.
- FUTURE RESEARCH: She has been active in the international future research arena, created unique theories and methods. She commits to combine future research with China’s practice. E.g. designed a model – “China 2050 and Early Warning System” and applied them to countries and regions. Her book: “The Future of Humanity – Global
Civilization and China’s Rejuvenation”, has been published in Chinese, English and will be published in Hungarian. The second edition “The Future of Humanity – From Global Civilization to Great Civilization” is published in 2019, and will be published in Korean. She
was listed as the “Global Professional Futurists” by “Global Foresight org” (http://www.globalforesight.org) and listed as “World’s Top Female Futurists” by Ross Dawson (http://rossdawson.com).
- LONG-TERM STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT: She founded the “Center for
Technology Innovation and Strategy Studies” of CASS, hosted a large number of research projects such as “National High-tech Research and Development Strategy and operation mechanism”, “Policy Research on Robot Development in China”, “National Long-term Strategic System and Sustainable Development”, etc. and designed “Long-term Strategy
Management System Model” adapted to the green development and serving for decision makers.
- Introduced the “Future 500” mechanism for China which is aiming at implementing the corporate culture of sustainable development.
- Introduced and established the “beyond GDP, China’s Genuine Progress Index (GPI) system” which is in line with the international standards, and has carried out research and practice in China.
- ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT:
- Published 20 Monographs in many languages translated books
- More than 20 joint publication books
- More than 100 important papers
- Led more than 30 important projects in which 20 projects asked by central government, ministry, Chinese academy of social sciences, or international organizations.
- Participated in more than 30 cooperative research projects at home and abroad
- Holds two personal copyrights.
- BUSINESS CONSULTING and POVERTY ALLEVIATION VOLUNTEER:
- She consulted and diagnosed over 40 medium and large scale companies.
- As an early volunteer, she engaged in poverty alleviation, in Sichuan, Hebei and Hubei province.
- ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE: She was a member of Professional Evaluation Committee of CASS,
- Guest Professor of University of Science and Technology of China (Hefei), Tsinghua University (Beijing), Academic member of University of Southern Europe (Monaco), Hohai University (Nanjing), etc. At present, she is an academic member of Shanghai Academy of Systematic Science; Adviser for Soft Power Research Center of JINAN
University; Vice chairman of China National Committee for Pacific Economic Cooperation Business Forum; Expert member of Capital Institute of Science and Technology Development Strategy; Member of the UNIDO Green Industry Platform China Chapter Office Monitoring Review and Assessment Committee.
The member, Club of Rome EU-Chapter; Research Fellow of World Business Academy (Ojai, CA, U.S.); Senior Research Fellow of IC2 Institute At Austin; Member of the Research
Advisory Board for “ETHICAL MARKETS”; Member of Editorial Board, “AI & Society” in British, International Journal of “Technology Intelligence and Planning” in France, “World Future Review – A Journal of Strategic Foresight”, etc