Nodo Mexicano. El Proyecto Del Milenio, A.C. is a very active Node. Among other activities, it organizes the Global Millennium Prize.
Nodo Mexicano. El Proyecto Del Milenio, A.C., became the Mexico Node of the Millennium Project in spring 2004. Concepcion Olavarrieta is the Node Chair.
The Node has a Planning Committee and an Experts Committee.
For a power point presentation of the Node please see: http://www.millennium-project.org/millennium/mppc-0304/Mexico.PDF
The Goals of the Nodo Mexicano. El Proyecto Del Milenio:
- Support for the Millennium Project
- Research strategic global issues
- Identify problems, opportunities, prospective & solutions
- Organize Regional & States Subnodes
- organizes the Global Millennium Prize
- seeks sponsors
- maintains an Experts Committees
- performs research on the 15 challenges
- seeks leaders opinion
- participates in the research and writes special reports.
- develops methodologies
- organizes seminars
- organizes Regional Subnodes
- translates the State of the
Chair, Nodo Mexicano. El Proyecto Del Milenio, A.C.
Avenida de los Alpes 240
Colonia Lomas de Chapultepec
Delegación Miguel Hidalgo
Global Millennium Prize 2006-- First Ever World Competition for Highschool Students Addressing the Global Future
See Node 2013 Report.
Participation to the Awarding Ceremony of the 3rd Azerbaijani Essay Contest "Face to Face with Future Generations", which is the national level of the international "Global Millennium Prize".
Download the powerpoint prezentation made by Conception Olavarrieta in Baku, Azerbaijan, at the Awards Ceremony, held at the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan on December 14, 2010.
For a more complete list, see presentation by Conception Olavarrieta at the Millennium Project Planning Committee in Boston, July 2010
Global Millennium Prize 2009
Translation of the State of the Future
For a more complete list, see presentation by Conception Olavarrieta at the Millennium Project Planning Committee in Chicago, July 2009
Global Millennium Prize 2008
Women's leadership in Latin America towards 2025 presentation by Concepcion Olavarrieta at the Women's advances in Sciences, humanities and all disciplines conference, Mexico, June 6, 2008
Node activities update presented by Concepcion Olavarrieta, Node Chair, at the Millennium Project Planning Committee, July 2008.
Global Millennium Prize 2007
Please see the Node's website http://www.premiodelmilenio.org
(in Spanish) and
- the report presented by Concepcion Olavarrieta, Node Chair, at the Millennium Project Planning Committee Meeting of April 15-16, 2005, in Louvain-la-Neuve,Wallonia, Belgium
- the report presented by Concepcion Olavarrieta, Node Chair, at the Millennium Project Planning Committee Meeting of July 28-29, 2005, in Chicago, IL
Foreign relations, Law, Economics, Strategic Planning & Future Studies.
Experience: 41 years experience working with public, private, and social sectors all over México. Special works in USA and Chile.
Positions: President, CEO and Director of different private firms, NGOs, as well as trusts and government agencies.
Fields:Economic and strategic planning, urban and tourism development, foreign trade, marketing, commercialization, publishing and fundraising.
Research: Over 200 studies on topics such as: great vision, marketing, futures and technical and socio-economic feasibility issues.
Associations: World Future Society Mexican Chapter 2003, United Nations DPI/NGO 2005, International Women’s Forum 2006, and World Alliance to Transform United Nations 2009.
Millennium Project commitment:
Full-time since 2004; the NGO “The Mexican Node. The Millennium Project” was officially created in 2004 for joining efforts with The Millennium Project.
Main projects involvements:
- Futures: World Foresight Dictionary-Encyclopedia. 2004-2006 and 2010, with launching planned for 2011.
- 5 Global Millennium Prizes: 2005-2010 International contests on how to address the Millennium Project 15 Global Challenges. It has 4 categories: children, secondary students, university students & teachers. The Website impact has been more than 7’500,000 hits from 110 countries. It is in 4 languages: English, Spanish, French and a link to Azeri and Russian.
- 2004-2010 State of the Future, Real-Time Delphi, and Millennium Project special studies: special researches, selection and invitation to Mexican experts, translations, and promotions.