Nodo Mexicano. El Proyecto Del Milenio, A.C. is a very active Node. Amongst other activities, it organized for 5 years the Millennium Prize and the Global Millennium Prize, and for 10 years, managed the research for FUTURES, the first world foresight encyclopedic dictionary.
Nodo Mexicano. El Proyecto Del Milenio, A.C., became the Mexico Node of the Millennium Project in spring 2004. Concepcion Olavarrieta is the Node Chair.
The Node has a Planning Committee and an Experts Committee. For a presentation of the Node please see: Mexico.pdf
The Goals of the Nodo Mexicano. El Proyecto Del Milenio are:
- Strategic foresight for Mexico’s Futures
- Global, Regional, and Local Futures Studies & Scenarios
- Promote futures thinking and research all over Mexico and beyond
- Support the Millennium Project activities
- Promotes futures studies and strategies
- Gathers mexican experts
- Performs permanent research on the Millennium Project 15 Global Challenges
- Performs futures research and writes special reports
- Organizes seminars
- Translates the State of the Future annual reports into Spanish
- Managed the research and coordinates the promotion of FUTURES, the first world foresight encyclopedic-dictionary
- Organized the Global Millennium Prize (2004-2010)
Chair, Nodo Mexicano. El Proyecto Del Milenio, A.C.
Avenida de los Alpes 240
Colonia Lomas de Chapultepec
Delegación Miguel Hidalgo
Release date: August 1, 2014
"FUTURES is the most comprehensive collection of terms used by futurists ever assembled”
FUTURES is valuable for students, teachers, researchers, consultants, business planners, policy and decision-makers, journalists, entrepreneurs, and anyone who is interested in anticipatory work and strategic studies. It is assembled in a friendly and comprehensive manner for improving the users’ understanding and employment of futures research terms and methods.
It is available in English and Spanish.
For more information see: FUTURES.html
Global Millennium Prize 2010
See Mexican Node 2014 Report, presented at the MPPC meeting held in July 2014, in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (to be posted soon)
FUTURES, World Foresight Encyclopedic Dictionary
Coordinated the translation into Spanish of the State of the Future 2013-2014
Global Futures for Mexico, working group at COMEXI
For a more complete list, see presentation by Concepcion Olavarrieta at the Millennium Project Planning Committee in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
See Mexico Node 2013 Report, presented at the MPPC meeting held in June, in Baku, Azerbaijan.
Translation of the State of the Future
“The Futures of the Caribbean Cultures” Concepcion Olavarrieta presentation at Prospecta Caribe, Cartagena Colombia. September 2013.
“New Mexican actions for migrants better future”, Concepcion Olavarrieta presentation at Baku International Humanitarian Forum, November 2013.
Participation to the Awarding Ceremony of the 6th Azerbaijan Essay Contest which is the national level of the international "Global Millennium Prize". For a more complete list, see presentation by Concepcion Olavarrieta at the Millennium Project Planning Committee in Baku, Azerbaijan
See Mexican Node 2012 Report, presented at the MPPC meeting in Toronto, Canada
Translation of the State of the Future 2012
For a more complete list, see presentation by Concepcion Olavarrieta at the Millennium Project Planning Committee in Toronto, Canada
See Mexico Node 2011 Report presenmted at the MPPC meeting in Vancouver, Canada.
Translation of the State of the Future 2011
“The Goddesses of the Future” presentation by Concepcion Olavarrieta at the World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue, April 7, 2011, in Baku, Azerbaijan
For a more complete list, see presentation by Concepcion Olavarrieta at the Millennium Project Planning Committee in Vancouver, Canada
Participation to the Awarding Ceremony of the 3rd Azerbaijani Essay Contest "Face to Face with Future Generations", which is the national level of the international "Global Millennium Prize". Download the powerpoint presentation made by Concepcion Olavarrieta in Baku, Azerbaijan, at the Awards Ceremony, held at the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan on December 14, 2010.
For a more complete list, see presentation by Conception Olavarrieta at the Millennium Project Planning Committee in Boston, July 2010
See Mexico Node 2009 Report, presented at the MPPC meeting in Chicago, USA
Global Millennium Prize 2009
Translation of the State of the Future
For a more complete list, see presentation by Concepcion Olavarrieta at the Millennium Project Planning Committee in Chicago, July 2009
See Mexico Node 2008 Report, presented at the MPPC meeting in Washington, DC, USA.
Global Millennium Prize 2008
Women's leadership in Latin America towards 2025 presentation by Concepcion Olavarrieta at the Women's advances in Sciences, humanities and all disciplines conference, Mexico, June 6, 2008
Node activities update presented by Concepcion Olavarrieta, Node Chair, at the Millennium Project Planning Committee, July 2008.
See Mexico Node 2006 Report, presented at the MPPC meeting in Toronto, Canada.
See the Mexico Node's Reports presented at the MPPC meeting in April 15-16, 2005, in Louvain-la-Neuve,Wallonia, Belgium, and the report presented at the MPPC meeting of July 28-29, 2005, in Chicago, IL
2004 ActivitiesSee Mexico Node's page for 2004 Activities
CONCEPCION OLAVARRIETA Background:
Foreign relations, Law, Economics, Strategic Planning & Future Studies.
Experience: 46 years experience working with public, private, and social sectors all over México. Special works in USA and Chile.
Positions: President, CEO and Director of different private firms, NGOs, as well as trusts and government agencies.
Fields: Foresight, economic and strategic planning, urban and tourism development, foreign trade, marketing, commercialization, publishing and fundraising.
Research: Over 200 studies on topics such as: foresight, great vision, marketing, futures and technical and socio-economic feasibility issues.
Associations: World Future Society Mexican Chapter 2003, United Nations DPI/NGO 2005, International Women’s Forum 2006, World Alliance to Transform United Nations 2009, and Mexican Council for International Affairs, 2013.
Millennium Project commitment:
Full-time since 2004; the NGO “The Mexican Node. The Millennium Project” was officially created in 2004 for joining efforts with The Millennium Project.
Main projects involvements:
- Futures: World Foresight Dictionary-Encyclopedia. 2004-2014
- 4 Millennium Prizes & 4 Global Millennium Prizes: 2005-2010, National and International contests on the Millennium Project 15 Global Challenges. The Millennium Prize had 1 category: children from 5th and 6th grades and the Global Millennium Prize had 3 categories: secondary students, university students & teachers. The Website was accessed from 110 countries, with a total of 7,500,000 hits. It was translated in 6 languages: English, Spanish, French, Azeri, and Russian.
- 2004-2014 State of the Future, Real-Time Delphis, and Millennium Project special studies: special researches, selection and invitation to Mexican experts, translations, and promotions.
- The Futures Room of the Mexican Presidency’s Office
- The Mexican State of the Future Index
- The Global Futures Intelligence System for Mexico
- The Futures of Women’s Leadership against Transnational Organized Crime. Scenarios 2035. Strategies and actions to prevent crime, improve health and humankind’s welfare