Improve humanity’s prospects for building a better future.
Improve thinking about the future and make that thinking available through a variety of media for feedback to accumulate wisdom about the future for better decisions today.
A global foresight network of Nodes, information, and software, building a global collective intelligence system recognized for its ability to improve prospects for humanity. A think tank on behalf of humanity, not on behalf of a government, or an issue, or an ideology, but on behalf of building a better future for all of us.
About The Millennium Project Nodes
A Millennium Project Node is a self-organizing group of institutions and individuals recognized by the Project that will facilitate the Project’s research or conduct autonomous research in support of the Project. In this capacity, each Node will participate in the identification of incipient world issues and opportunities, study their prospect and their potential resolution, as well as methods for accomplishing such research.
Each Millennium Project Node:
- Assumes lead responsibility for a geographic area or subject
- Has access to the entire Millennium Project (staff, information system, international panels, and the other Nodes) in carrying out its specialized responsibility
- Selects its own Chair who is responsible for the work of the Node and communications with the Project’s coordinating office
The Millennium Project - Latest
Check out our latest activities and news!
- International assessment of future governance models for the transition from Artificial Narrow to Artificial General Intelligence.
- Working on the next State of the Future report, current version: State of the Future 19.1 (print and download)
- Working with the Executive Office of the UN Secretary-General, The Millennium Project conducted a Real-Time Delphi to assess the five foresight elements of the UNSG’s report Our Common Agenda. The RTDelphi panel of 189 professionals from 54 countries provided 1,463 answers of which 983 were explanations and comments. About half the panel had 20 or more years of professional foresight or related experience. Download the report (pdf)
- 2030 State of the Future Index re-assessed the 29 global variables and generated the new World Report Card on the future.
- Up-dating FUTURES dictionary/encyclopedia of futurist terms and methods; current version
- Futures Dictionary/Encyclopedia (English and Spanish)
- Global Scanning for the 15 Global Challenges (while the Global Futures Intelligence System GFIS is being re-positioned in Amazon, new scanning items can be added here.
- Future Work/Technology 2050: Scenarios and Actions. The report covers the three-year study on the future dynamics of work and technology with three detailed global scenarios, results of 30 national workshops in 29 countries, and five Real-time Delphi’s that rated 93 actions distilled from those suggested to address issues raised in the three scenarios by the national workshops. Each of the 93 actions have ratings and comments from several hundred futurists and related experts. This is probably the broadest international assessment of long-range actions to address the future of work thus far. Workshops Future Work/Technology 2050 and 7.5 minute video overview
- Short Videos of each of the 15 Global Challenges are now available and other MP Videos.
- Philosophy, History, and STS (Science, Technology, Society) scholars’ views on Futures Research and Foresight conference (Grappling with the Futures) at Harvard and Boston Universities – abstracts available.
- Posted by Mara Di Berardo
- On 15 February 2024
Human enhancements can cover a wide range of capabilities, from increased strength, endurance, and speed to enhanced memory, focus, and emotional control....
- Posted by Mara Di Berardo
- On 8 February 2024
On Feb. 9, 2024, the Centro de Estudio Prospectivos de Cuyo, member of the Argentina Node of The Millennium Project, in collaboration...
- Posted by Mara Di Berardo
- On 5 February 2024
A new publication including the process and results of the Inspire 2023 project at MOMus is now available online for free. Inspire...
A pragmatic exploration of possible futures - choices and consequences - really exercised my imagination.
Vint Cerf, Internet pioneer,
Strategic planning for the planet; must reading for world leaders.
William Halal,President, TechCast Global
One of the best studies of modern terrorism and what to do about it.
Jamie Shea,Deputy Asst. Secretary General, NATO
A high level, reliable intellectual compass for the conflict ridden, and uncertain world advancing toward the mid-century.
Mihály Simai,Former Chairman, United Nations University
Jim Spohrer,Director, Cognitive Opentech Group, IBM
An important example of using scientific methods and collective intelligence to help us understand and act better for the future.
Phil Mjwara,Director General, Ministry of Science & Technology, South Africa
Certainly, the guide to make better decisions and achieve success.
Julio Millán,President Coraza Corporación Azteca
Authoritative compendium of what we know about the future of humanity and our planet.
Strategic Planning for the Planet… remarkably articulate and prescient
Willian Halal,Foresight Journal
Absolutely worth the reader’s time… takes the reader much farther forward than most thinking.
Defense & Foreign Affairs Policy Journal,
So important for many people around the world.
Eleonora Masini,former Secretary and President, World Futures Studies Federation
Global intelligence on the future of the world in the palm of your hand
The State of the Future can make a difference in the world. Well done.
Wendell Bell,Professor Emeritus, Yale University
A lucid, thought-provoking, strategically oriented exploration of the transforming world order.
Mihaly Simai,former Chairman, United Nations University
Strategic intelligence for business leaders.
Michael Stoneking,Partner, Deloitte & Touche, LLP.
Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, should read this incredible document, period!
Technological Forecasting & Social Change,
The SOF report continues, year after year, to be the best introduction—by far—to a broad range of major global issues and long-term remedies.
Michael Marien,Global Foresight Books
Invaluable insights into the future
Ban Ki-moon,Secretary-General, UN
Praesent tincidunt molestie libero mollis porta. Faucibus leo, ac aliquet magna. Vivamus ullamcorper mollis leo, at sagittis mi pellentesque quis. Praesent nec elit tristique.
Andy Clark,CEO / Manager
A must for any decisionmaker with a long-term vision
Enrique Peña Nieto,President of Mexico
Praesent tincidunt molestie libero mollis porta. Praesent sit amet faucibus leo, ac aliquet magna. Vivamus ullamcorper mollis leo, at sagittis mi pellentesque quis. Praesent nec elit tristique.