Date of launch: 2019
Institution hosting the node: The Icelandic Centre of Future studies
- Karl Fridriksson, Managing Director, Innovation Center Iceland
- Seavar Kristinsson, consultant
- To be a leading research centre in future studies in Iceland, in effective co-operation with companies and agencies in Iceland and abroad
- To participate actively in society-related research projects and other social projects and work on independent and innovative projects in various fields of future studies
- To raise awareness among the public and business community of the value of differing approaches in the field of future studies
- To define the driving forces affecting progress in Iceland and abroad.
Recent activities: Our activities includes
- Working together with foreign universities and agencies working in the field of foreign studies
- Teaching forward-looking strategies and planning and management courses as well as participating in larger projects and students’ practical projects
- Conducting our own surveys and studies
- Holding conferences and publishing and contributing to larger planning projects
- Taking part in international projects in the field
- Joining international organisations and co-operation projects and inviting guest speakers;
- Applying this multidisciplinary, comprehensive approach to various social projects, whether in a specific field or for more wide-ranging studies of individual areas.
Some 2021/2022 activities:
- April 21, 2022. The Expansion of Technology – A Ten-Year Perspective
- April 28, 2022. Cities of the Future – Leading to 360 Degrees of Sustainability
- March 1, 2022. The Rise and Consequences of the Development of Artificial Intelligence – The Emergency of AGI – Business and Communities
- March 24, 2022. The Rise and Consequences of the Development of Artificial Intelligence – The Emergency of AGI
- March 8, 2022. The Silicon Valley, the Fourth Industrial Revolution, and change management
- February 15, 2022. The future of the e-currency economy – Research results
- February 10, 2022. E-currencies – Short-lived pimples or the basis of an economic revolution? Futures in February
- February 2, 2022. Important Transformations and Scenarios. Futures in February
- December 10, 2021. Book Presentation on Advent – The Future of Mankind. Our destiny in the universe
- December 3, 2022. Book presentation on Advent – Meaning by Fríða Ísberg
- November 18, 2021. The labour market of the future. Wherever you want, whenever you want and with those you want!
- October 21, 2021. Global Goals and the Future. Just transition?
- October 2, 2021. Politics and the future – Timely debate one week after the election results
- September 23, 2122. EY – Corporate Sustainability
- September 16, 2021. With a milestone in the letter
- September 3, 2021. Gigg or Gold – How Do We Work in the Future?
- August 28, 2021. Global Brain – Assumptions and Arguments – Saturday’s Lecture by London Futurist
- August 18, 2021. Board meeting (closed meeting) of a professional group on futurology
- July 28, 2021. Three Scenarios for COVID -19 for the United States – Seminar
- June 23, 2021. On the grounds of longevity – Tomorrow’s event
- May 26, 2021. Annual General Meeting and Lecture. The best way to predict the future is to create it.
- Anna Sigurborg Ólafsdóttir, Representative of the Future committee of the Icelandic parliament (Alþingi)
- Ásta Kristín Sigurjónsdóttir, CIO of The Iceland Tourism Cluster
- Karl Friðriksson, Chairmen and CIO of the Icelandic Centre of Future studies
- Njörður Sigurjónsson, Dean at the University of Bifröst.
- Runólfur Smári Steinþórsson, Professor at the University of Iceland
- Sævar Kristinsson, Consultant at KPMG
- Unnur Valborg Hilmarsdóttir, CIO of Invest
- Website: www.framtidarsetur.is
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org