Name: RIBER, Ibero-American Futurists Network
Date of launch: 2014
RIBER President: José Louis Cordeiro, Chair, Venezuela node, V.P. Humanity+, Futurist, visionary, transhumanist
- Ibon Zugasti, Chair Spain Node of The Millennium Project, Director of Prospektiker, Member of the MP Board
- Concepcion Olavarrieta. Chair Mexico Node of The Millennium Project, V.P MO Board, Foreign relations, economics and law
Objectives: RIBER (Red IBERoamericana de Prospectiva) follows the reference of the European Initiative of the Nodes of the MillenniumnProject (EUMPI), a European sub-network to structure the networking of the foresight centers that participate as Nodes in the Millennium Project.
- The Ibero-American profile specifities in future studies and in its implementation as an element to be considered in global initiatives
- The absence of an Ibero-American “meeting place” to exchange and capitalize on future studies and their applications
- The demands coming from the Ibero-American institutions (SEGIB, OEI, CEPAL IDB, CAF, etc.) to associate the existing and structured competence networks to support the Ibero-American visions and policies in the long term
Vision: To be an international reference in the field of prospective and long-term strategic planning in Ibero-America, articulating initiatives in a global and synergistic way.
Mission: To be a fundamental part of the Millennium Project that, with a humanistic perspective, contributes strategically and effectively and efficiently to the political, economic, social, cultural and environmental development of Ibero-America.
- Promoting the study of prospective in Ibero-America and the impact of new technologies such as longevity, robotics, artificial intelligence, nanotechnology and others
- Creating a community of skills, concepts, methods and practices in prospective
- Organizing an Ibero-American network to analyze and exchange information on the different Ibero-American countries and their prospective practices
- Contributing to the collective learning of regional actors in the development of their foresight skills, providing them with references to the best practices existing in the region
- Book “Latin America 2030: Delphi Survey and Scenarios”
- Book “La Prospectiva en Iberoamérica: Pasado, Presente y Futuro”
- Book “Latin America 2050 Global Challenges”
- Annual RIBER conferences in Bolivia, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Mexico, as well as virtual meetings
- Website: http://www.proyectomilenio.org/es/web/guest/riber
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org