Date of launch: 2004
Institution hosting the Node: UN Future Forum
Node Chair: Dr. Youngsook Park, Futurist
Objectives: Make Korea more future oriented, with books, lectures, training, and workshops.
- Publishing all Millennium Project State of the Future reports with additional information for Korea.
- Hosting conferences on the Future, bringing major futurists to Korea to speak and appear on television and in newspapers, introducing personal robots and artificial intelligence.
- 2016 held first mini Charrette on Future Work/Tech 2050 workshop, second mini workshop held in April 2017
- Helped organize Korea Future Forum, Global Future Forum, Global Leaders Forum
- Future Education 2030
- Global Climate Change Situation Room in Gimcheon
- Korean translation of 2007-2014 SOF reports/ Korean version of SOF published by Kyobobooks in Korean
- Education 2030 (2007)
- Government future strategy units report, 2008
- Upgraded Korean SOFI completed, 2008
- Series of future forums
- Futures Studies education programs established in Daegu Cyber University, Yonsei University & Ewha Woman’s University by Prof. Youngsook Park, 2007
- A book “The late President Park Jung-hee & Herman Kahn”
- Continued newspaper & TV appearances, lectures
- Operates 5 websites: www.korea2050.net, www.unfuture.org, www.gccsr.org, www.gccsr.net, www.algaetech.kr