Date of launch: 2007
Institution hosting the Node: Chilean Council of Foresight and Strategy
- Héctor Casanueva, academic, conferencist and former ambassador
- Marcelo Ramírez, academic and consulting
Objectives: The Node works in cooperation with the Chilean Council of Foresight and Strategy. They:
- Develop, promote and disseminate in Chile the Foresight discipline and futures studies.
- Contribute to improve the formulation of policies in matters that affect the future of the country and its global insertion
- Join specialists in Foresight, Strategy and future studies, belonging to multiple disciplines and activities, both academic, professional, business, military, diplomatic and political, from the public and private sectors. private, and linked to global groups and networks.
Recent activities: The Node, together with the Chilean Council for Foresight and Strategy, have proposed to the Government of Chile and the Constituent Convention, the creation of an agency of the State of Foresight and Strategy for anticipatory governance. The Node has been active in the creation of the Future Challenges Commission of the Chilean Senate, and in the annual Future Congress since 2011, a highly prestigious international event. The Node and the Council belong to RIBER, the Iberoamerican Foresight organization. Other specific acvities are:
- Analysis, reports, studies, workshops, seminars, conferences, publications.
- Editing the monthly magazine “Prospectiva y Estrategia”
- Courses and other academic programs in cooperation with universities and research centers, from Chile and abroad.
- Website: www.prospectivayestrategia.cl
- e-mail: email@example.com
- YouTube: Pensamiento Global, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj7IMN2WeVjAdQoMg8Pf3aw