Informal MP Planning Committee in Dubai – Oct. 10, 2022
- Posted by Mara Di Berardo
- On 5 October 2022
- 0 Comments
- agenda, Dubai, MP-PC
The Millennium Project will run an informal Planning Committee meeting on the 10th of October, from 1,30 PM to 3,00 PM at the Emirates Towers – 1st Floor Auditorium in Dubai, as a pre- activity of the Dubai Future Forum.
During the meeting, an update on the Node activities and next steps, similarly to our usual MPPC Meetings, will be given but with particular attention to those in charge of specific MP-related activity, management function, innovation, global futures research, etc. benefiting The Millennium Project as a whole.
A draft agenda of contents and speeches is the following:
1.30 pm – 1,50 pm Jerome C. Glenn, Introduction and latest activities of The Millennium Project.
1.50 pm – 2,45 pm: Contribution to The Millennium Project from the Nodes, similarly to the following:
- The Mexican Node Chaired by Concepción initiated both the Millennium Prizes and the FUTURES Encyclopedic Dictionary
- The Czech Node Chaired by Pavel initiated the Global Partnership for Productivity study and more dynamic model for assessing national sustainable development progress or regress.
- The Egyptian Node Chaired by Kamal initiated the Middle East Peace Scenarios
- The South Korea Node Chaired by Younsook initiated a global assessment of government futures units
- The South Africa Node Chaired then by Geci initiated the future of Africa Conference
- The Arts/Medica Node Chaired by Kate initiated the future of arts/media/entertainment global study
- The Cyber Node Chaired by the late Frank Catanzaro initiated MP Second Life presence and mixed-reality MPPC meetings
- The Venezuela Node Chaired by Jose and assisted by others created the regional body RIBER
- The Slovenian Node Chaired by Blaz and German Node chaired by Cornelia created the regional body FEN, now chaired by Epaminondas, Greek Node.
- The Pakistan Node initiated the layout and initial printing of the hardback publication of the Work/Tech 2050 report
- The Bolivia Node creates infographics for the State of the Future report’s 15 Global Challenges
- The Poland Node Co-chaired by Norbert and Kacper provided the new host for millennium-project.org with Łukasz as webmaster
- The Italian Node Co-chaired by Mara has initiated a new communications function, analyzed 3 years of World Futures Day, and launched a new research unit on Futures Studies in Statistics
- The UK Node Co-chaired by Rohit initiated an AGI issues assessment and MP collaboration with data issues with UN Global Pulse
2,45 pm – 3,00 pm: Next steps and closing remarks