2022 Futurist Year in Review – Report on AAI foresight
- Posted by Mara Di Berardo
- On 5 December 2022
- 0 Comments
- 2022, foresight, report
The Futurist Year in Review
2022 was a year of new and extended connections for the organizations and members of the global futures community. Highlights reported here are both a review and a preview of the futures ahead.
AAI Foresight, Vol. 8, No. 12, has just published Futurist Community Reports with a review and a preview of the futures ahead. The following report by Jerome C. Glenn lists the some of the main 2022 and ongoing activities by The Millennium Project:
In 2022, The Millennium Project:
- Assessed how five foresight elements of the UN Secretary-General’s Our Common Agenda would improve global foresight and how each should be implemented for the Executive Office of the UN Secretary-General. The assessment is freely available in Chinese, Spanish, and original in English.
- Shared fourth place in the Future of Life Institute competition on the World of 2045 with Artificial General Intelligence. View the video portion of the entry.
- Conducted the ninth annual World Futures Day March 1st as a 24-hour no-agenda round-the-world conversation (recap in World Futures Review, a new global participatory futures method).
- Added new Millennium Project Nodes in Zimbabwe (Harare Institute of Technology) and Denmark (Copenhagen) making a total of 71 Nodes.
- Managed 23 Interns during 2022: China (11), USA (6), South Korea (3), the Netherlands (2), and Zimbabwe (1)
- Signed five-year agreement with the Dubai Future Foundation to develop the Global Future Society and collaborative research.
- Is still working on the next State of the Future 20.0 report, preparing AGI global governance study, and then updating Futures Research Methodology 4.0.