Getting to Know Futures Studies – new online course from Finland
- Posted by Mara Di Berardo
- On 16 January 2024
- 0 Comments
- Finland Node, futures studies, Helsinki Node, MOOC, training
“Getting to Know Futures Studies” (1 ECTS) is a new free Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) that provides an easily accessible peek into futures studies. The course, organized by the Finland Futures Academy and the Finland Futures Research Centre hosting the Helsinki Node of The Millennium Project, has been created with experts of the field and it gives the participants a solid starting point for further growing their know-how on futures studies.
The course consists of four sections hosted by the co-chairs of the Helsinki Node of The Millennium Project and their colleagues:
- Section 1: you will be guided into the field by a glimpse of the field’s history and current streams.
- Section 2: you get a taste of the commonly used methods of futures studies.
- Section 3: you will be whisked away to the world of ethics and futures studies.
- Section 4: you will get to take a look at how futures studies can be applied in different contexts.
The course is open between 15.1.–30.6.2024, is free of charge, and releases study credits.
Read more and join the course online: https://tva.utu.fi/en/studies/mooc/