Mini Trip Report: Dubai, Nov., 2023
- Posted by Mara Di Berardo
- On 5 December 2023
- 0 Comments
- Dubai, Dubai Future Forum, MPPC
By Jerome Glenn
Wow! What an intensively rich futures feast for four days in Dubai! Countless conversations increasing our futures intelligence, collaborations, and dedication to build a better future – mindful of the very serious threats as well as the brilliant opportunities.
November 25 & 26 was The Millennium Project Planning Committee Meeting and then 27 & 28 was the Dubai Futures Forum.
The Millennium Project Planning Committee Meeting: See attached photo of 33 participants; 31 from the MPPC plus potential Node Chairs from Oman and Iraq. Also attached is the agenda with recent research, new initiatives, and next priorities. Some highlights:
- Increasing breadth and depth of Node reports. Mara Di Berardo, Director of Communications, has put together a nice overview and photos at: https://www.millennium-project.org/the-millennium-project-planning-committee-meeting-in-dubai-nov-25-26-2023/
- AGI governance engagements with AGI thought leaders, Parliaments, UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Technology, UN Council on Previous UN General Assembly Presidents, and the preparations for the UN Summit of the Future.
- Addition of synergetic analysis to competitive analysis in international affairs and business both for the nations of the South Asia Foresight Network and the recent international futures initiatives (UN, OCED, Parliaments, and Dubai).
- Agreement to work on the Futures Research Methodology 4.0
Dubai Future Forum 2023: 2,500 attendees and 150 speakers in 70 sessions over two days.
- This year was twice as large as the first Forum last year. As a result the Museum of the Future – the location for the Forum – was filled to capacity.
- Several from The Millennium Project were speakers at the Forum. Mara put together a nice overview at: https://www.millennium-project.org/dubai-future-forum-nov-27-28-2023/
- Global Future Society – Shermon Cruz, Chair of the Association of Professional Futurists and Chair of the Philippines Node of MP and I are founding Board members of GFS, since we signed a five year collaborate agreement with the Dubai Futures Foundation. The Society has expanded to the idea of Members being networks and 30 or so futurist networks have been added to GFS. The initial idea was a society of professional futurists, but have suggested that it be both – professional futurist division and the general public to fill the gap left by the World Future Society – there is no agreement about this and I have agreed to a zoom call in a few weeks to discuss the GFS’s future. Read the following document issued by DFF.