“The World of Futures Studies as a Mosaic” – Futura n. 4
- Posted by Mara Di Berardo
- On 13 December 2022
- 0 Comments
- futura, futures studies, journal, the millennium project
The special issue of the Finnish journal Futura 4/2022, “The World of Future Studies as a Mosaic” , is out soon. Guest editors for the issue are Tero Villman, Matti Minkkinen, and Sirkka Heinonen, Chair of the Finland Node of The Millennium Project.
In Futura 4/2022, a mosaic of future research and forecasting approaches is created from different parts of the world, valuing different contexts and learning from all of them. Among the valuable papers of the issue, you can also find contributions from The Millennium Project and its Chairs, such as:
- Jerome Glenn (MP CEO), Mara Di Berardo (MP Comms Director), “The Millennium Project: a global participatory think tank to accumulate wisdom for the future” (in Finnish);
- Mara Di Berardo (Italy Node Co-Chair), Carolina Facioni, Roberto Paura, “Futures Studies in Italy: an exploratory assessment of organizations, approaches, and objectives” (in English);
- Fredy Vargas Lama (Colombia Node Co-Chair), Luz Martha Melo Rodrigues, “Governments and The State of Long-Term Thinking in Latin American” (in English);
- Miguel Angel Gutierrez (Argentina Node Chair), “Forecasting in Argentina” (in Finnish);
- Sirkka Heinonen (Finland Node), “Accounting time in a world of limited resources: do we learn to change our operating models?” (in Finnish).
Discover more and purchase at https://www.lehtiluukku.fi/lehdet/futura/4-2022/330333.html.
On January 10, 2023, a launch event in English of the special issue was held on on Zoom at 3:00-4.30 pm Finnish time (UTC+2) , together with the editors of the issue and the authors of the papers. For information and registration, vist the event page.