Botswana Global Adaptation Week 2022
- Posted by Mara Di Berardo
- On 1 September 2022
- 0 Comments
- adaptation, climate change, NAP, Poland Node, resilience
Report by the Poland Node of The Millennium Project
The Botswana Global Adaptation Week was held in Gaorone, Botswana, in August 22-29, 2022, and it was one of the major adaptation events of the year. It aimed at showcasing and promoting actions and practices to adapt to the impacts of climate change and offered a platform to raise adaptation ambition by accelerating the formulation and implementation of countries’ National Adaptation Plans (NAPs) as well as foresight thinking for resilience.
4CF The Futures Literacy Company, Poland Node of The Millennium Project, facilitated the Resilience Frontiers second brainstorming meeting in Gaborone, Botswana as a part of the Botswana Global Adaptation Week 2022.
During the brainstorming meeting, a diverse range of thought leaders and organisations unpacked the eight Resilience Frontiers pathways towards a better world and discussed the visions and values underpinning them as well as identified first-mover actions that will accelerate the journey. The RF eight pathways are:
- Transforming humanity’s relationship with nature
- Lifelong learning for environmental stewardship
- Ensuring universal equitable coverage of, and open-access to (big) data and information
- Managing water and other natural resources equitably and inclusively
- Managing transboundary issues equitably
- Applying a holistic, ecosystem-centered approach to optimize future health and well-being
- Regenerative food production
- Developing transformative financial instruments
The workshop was visited by The President of Botswana Mokgweetsi Masisi and Philda Nani Kereng, Minister of Environment, Natural Resources Conservation and Tourism.
In parallel to the work within the Resilience Frontiers Initiative, 4CF continues advising UNFCCC in foresight methodology for internal strategic purposes.
More information on the event is available on the Resilience Frontiers webpage: https://resiliencefrontiers.org/news/botswana-global-adaptation-week-2022/