Dubai Future Forum – Oct. 10-12, 2022
- Posted by Mara Di Berardo
- On 28 August 2022
- 0 Comments
The Dubai Future Forum, the first edition of one of the world’s largest gathering of Futurists, will take place in October 10-12, 2022 at the Museum of the Future in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Among the key speakers joining the initiative, you will find Jerome Glenn, Millennium Project CEO, Eric Noël, Canada Node, Shermon Cruz, Philippines Node, José Cordeiro, Venezuela and RIBER Nodes, Blaž Golob, Slovenia and Central Europe Node, and Youngsook Park, South Korea Node. Moreover, many colleagues from The Millennium Project will support or participate to the event.
The inaugural Dubai Future Forum is an annual event hosted by the Dubai Future Foundation convening over 400 of the world’s top futurists to Dubai to anticipate challenges, imagine opportunities, share foresight, and shape the future.
Taking place over two days at the iconic Museum of the Future, the Forum will provide an international platform for futurists and thought leaders, from diverse sectors, to build a long-lasting community by engaging on tomorrow’s most pressing issues; cementing Dubai’s position as a rising global hub for futures leadership and action.
This year’s Forum will host 30 sessions with a focus on four key themes: the Future of our World; Mitigating Existential Risk through Foresight; Value and Humanity; and Hedging our Bets through Foresight.
The Millennium Project will also run some pre-forum activities on the 10th of October, and particularly a Planning Committee informal meeting, addressing advancements in our common activities, and a Global Data Governance 2050 scenario workshop, facilitated by the United Nations Global Pulse (UNGP) in collaboration with the MP UK Node.
More information about the Dubai Future Forum are available at https://www.dubaifuture.ae/dubaifutureforum/.
For those who cannot attend, there will be a live streaming on Oct. 11-12. Go to the website and scroll down to: Sign up to watch live stream.
MP members attending the event
- Asanga Abeyahoonasekera, Sri Lanka Node
- Verónica Ágreda de Pazos, Bolivia Node
- Rosa Alegra, Brazil Node
- Muhammad Almheiri, Dubai Node
- Puruesh Chaudhary, Pakistan Node
- Epaminondas Christophilopoulos, Greek Node
- José Cordeiro, Venezuela and RIBER Node
- Shermon Cruz, Philippines Node
- Mara Di Berardo, Italy Node
- Paul Epping, Netherlands Node
- Karl Friðriksson, Iceland Node
- Nadezhda Gaponenko, Russian Federation Node
- Lydia Garrido, Uruguay Node
- Jerome Glenn, Washington Node
- Blaz Golob, Slovenia and SEE Nodes
- Tanja Hichert, Southern Africa Node
- Brock Hinzmann, Silicon Valley Node
- Reyhan Huseynova, Azerbaijan Node
- Norbert Kolos, Poland Node
- Martin Kruse, Denmark Node
- Milan Maric, Montenegro Node
- Arthur Muliro, Kenya and EAST Nodes
- Leopold Mureithi, Kenya and EAST Nodes
- Eric Noel, Canada Node
- Concepción Olavarrieta, Mexico Node
- Youngsook Park. South Korea Node
- Charles Perrottet, MP Board Member
- Adrian Pop, Romania Node
- Mila Popovich, Montenegro Node
- Nhokovedzo Simbarashe, Zimbabwe Node
- Rohit Talwar, UK Node
- Ufuk Tarhan, Turkey Node
- Mariana Todorova, Bulgarian Node
- Roey Tzezana, Israel Node
- Selin Vural, Turkey Node
- David Wood, UK Node
- Ibon Zugasti, Spain and RIBER Nodes